Thomas Law (Young Gary) was about an inch and a half taller than Simon Pegg. To make both actors the same height, Simon Pegg wore lifts in his shoes.
The World’s End (2013)
See all those “7”s? You may not have noticed [Scott Pilgrim vs. The World]’s recurring number themes running throughout: Remember how Scott fights seven “evil exes,” and progresses through their seven respective levels? Well, each one of those exes is himself a number, and everything about him reflects that fact.
- Matthew Patel, the first evil ex, has only one eye (or at least it appears that way, because of his haircut, which we’ll call the Emo Combover). He poses by pointing in the air (with one hand) and gets called “that one guy.”
- Lucas Lee, the second, stays in trailer #2 and says it’ll take “two minutes to kick your ass” and that the staircase he grinds down has “like 200 steps.”
- Todd Ingram is in a three-piece band and, like Scott [who wears a “ZERO” shirt at one point], also wears his number on his shirt.
- The Roxy Richter fight happens in a club called “4”.
- Katayanagi twins (numbers 5 and 6) turn their music up to 11 and have five syllables in their last name (six with the first name).
- The final, seventh boss is Gideon (whose name starts with G, the seventh letter of the alphabet).
Edgar Wright - How to Do Visual Comedy